This will be the first of a few "How To" posts I will offer in an attempt to get others to post their interesting positions and/or thoughts from their games. The first thing you would need is a blogger account. The Kenilworth Kibitzer is open to all KCC Members, so please let me know if you are interested in getting an account.
1) First thing is first...you need to get a position to generate! So play a non-wussy game.
2) Go to this free Chess Diagram Generator
and edit the board. You can pull off pieces and add pieces at will.
3) Select whose move it is (Black or White), the size of the diagram you want (I choose Medium), and leave the Grid box checked off for us amateurs.
4) Next, click on the green "Generate Diagram" button. On the next screen it will give you a list of various "http". I use the fourth green box down which is....
Pure HTML (for your blog):
Just the Image:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<-- whatever is here is what you need to copy
5) Once you have that entire line copied, you then would paste that code in blogger. Blogger will recognize it and generate your diagram. Note that when you paste it in the white box on blogger, it will look like gibberish, but once you preview or post it, it will look like what it is suppose too.
6) Add whatever text you want before and after, and there you go.
If you run into any problems, let me know.
Next "How To" post will show you how to post your game in one of the replay windows you have seen here.
Labels: generate a diagram, How to